About Chris Winkler
I am an experienced clinical psychologist with a special interest in helping people overcome anxiety disorders of all types. I started this practice with the goal of delivering high quality psychological care to adults experiencing anxiety problems. I also wanted to provide a service that is friendly, down-to-earth, and approachable.
I am a warm, caring, and dedicated professional. I aim to create a safe, non-judgmental space where you are listened to and treated with respect. I keep up to date with the latest advancements in mental health and therapy and use approaches that have been tried and tested through scientific research.
I have over eleven years of experience in treating psychological problems in a range of settings including private practice, public mental health, and universities. I am also currently completing a PhD at the University of Melbourne with a focus on advancing the field of anxiety treatment.
- PhD Candidate (current), University of Melbourne.
- Master of Clinical Psychology, Macquarie University.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Hons), University of Western Australia.
- Accredited Mental Health First Aid Instructor, Mental Health First Aid Australia.
- Psychologist (endorsed area of practice: clinical psychology), Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Registration number: PSY0001127144.
- Member, Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Fellow, APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- Member, Anxiety Practitioners Network (APN)